This is a small, cosy guesthouse located 15 minutes walk from the JR Asahikawa train station.
It is easy to find the guesthouse. As you get off the train at JR Asahikawa head towards the west exit. When you walk out the Aeon mall will be on your left hand side. Keep walking for 15 minutes until you see a laundry place and it is on the left hand side of the block. The doorway is next to the vending machine.
There is a mixture of females only and mixed dorm. In the mixed dorm there were 8 beds in total, each with a bright light and a power socket. There is a hook outside your bunk to hand your towel etc and if you can find a clothes hanger lying around. It’s quite cosy, but there is enough space to place you backpack into your living space. If you want more space go for the beds near the back, but these beds are also warmer. There is no aircon inside the beds, but a fan located outside the room.
– Despite (I think) there being only 3 dorm rooms, there was only 1 bathroom for the entire guesthouse. Sometimes they put up a sign to say you should shower early to avoid the queue. There is also one toilet for females and one toilet for males. 2 sinks are located outside the toilets so you have to brush your teeth and wash your face in front of everyone. They also have no hot water besides the hot water in the shower. A hairdryer is also in the bathroom. Besides that everything is kept clean despite the numerous number of people using the facilities.
– A self service kitchen with everything you need to cook up a meal – cups, plates, frying pan, microwave, sink and cutlery.
– Green tea and coffee – it is polite to leave a tip
– Fast wifi – had a little problem but they have 2 wifi connections
– Luggage storage – free and they will look after it
– Information guides and road maps. The owner has information about car rental for £20 a day too.
Overall it’s a good hostel with a good atmosphere and mix of people. It’s also close to the JR station and there are lots of shops, restaurants and bars nearby (ask the owners about the secret base). However a bit pricey but this is Japan, prepare to cough up more money. 3000yen per night.
There details are below:
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone: 0166 73 8269