Review of Lifesystems Solo Traveller First Aid Kit
Since Andrew had already bought it, we are both going to use this for our backpacking trip. However we have made a few changes this to tailor it to our needs.
About Lifesystems – They do a variety of first aid kits that are weather and wear-resistant. ‘Uncompromised quality and performance are at the core of every Lifesystems product.
The Solo Traveller First Aid Kit has been designed with the adventurous, independent traveller in mind and is ideal for extended trips to remote locations by one person. This kit combines all the basics for treating minor and some more serious injuries with a full set of sterile medical equipment, including needles and syringes.’
Here are my thoughts:
- It’s made with good quality material and it has a grab handle – it’s made with hard wearing fabric and waterproof zips to provide extra protection.
- Lots of different compartments so you don’t have to rummage around to find something.
- Compartments are clearly named so you can retrieve things fast. At the back of each compartment there is a slot for extra storage.
- The back of the pack also has a zipped pocket so I will be placing a pen in there with our medical cards and what vaccinations we have had.
- Lots of items – 49 in total which covers everything I would need from tablets to scissors and a reusable temperature probe. However I will be putting some more paracetamol, my own aspirin and some antiseptic cream in there too.
- It also has sterile needles and I understand now why they are there – in some countries they re-use needles hence to be on the safe side you have these if you ever need them.
Lifesystems Solo Traveller First Aid Kit – Lowdown
Weight: 505 g
Dimensions: 190 mm x 140 mm x 90 mm
A really good First Aid Kit. It has everything you need and I especially like the separate compartments. The kit is not cheap at £35.99 and you can play around with the compartments to include your own personal items.
I also bought a ton of other stuff at the same time. :S
Click for the review here → The North Face Trekker Convertible Pants
Where we are travelling to again? Click to see our 7 month backpacking here → Itinerary .