Review of Women’s Teva Zirra Lite Walking Sandals
The reality is I’m going to be on my feet most of the time over the next 7 months of backpacking so I needed to invest in some good quality, comfortable, stylish walking sandals to get me through the rough terrain, rainforests, monsoons etc I will experience, plus the endless amounts of walking I will be doing.
I did a little research and came across these sandals by Teva: Zirra Lite. They looked simple and had been recommended by other backpackers/hikers. So I bought them from SportsShoes.com for £24.99 (50% off RRP) plus £5 P&P.
I can say that I am really pleased with them so far:
- They have a very simple design – a single strap that secures on via velcro so I can adjust it to my size and it’s very easy to take it off and on.
- They are lightweight too, which is brilliant and good for packing in your my backpack with limited space.
- They feel very durable and comfortable – The sole is very flexible and it feels comfortable when I walk.
- The rubber sole is good quality which will provide me with lots of grip when I go trekking in the rainforests and also when it rains.
- The colour is good. The black straps will go with a lot of clothes and it looks stylish. You can get these in other colours though.
- There is also a flap at the back which allows you to hang the sandals up. This could be useful if I ever needed to dry them.
Other things I need to explore: what they feel like after a days walking in a hot and humid climate. Apparently they also have an anti-microbial treatment applied to it so I shall have to if that works too. I will be doing an update on how they fare whilst backpacking.